Important Notice: We regret to inform you that our free phpBB forum hosting service will be discontinued by the end of June 30, 2024. If you wish to migrate to our paid hosting service, please contact billing@hostonnet.com.
NY: Future I-86

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Clinched Highway Mapping Forum Index -> Old topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terescoj

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: NY: Future I-86 Reply with quote

While addressing a datacheck error, I noticed that a new segment of freeway has opened on NY 17 since it and I-86 Future were drafted (http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110921/NEWS/109210324). It looks like I-86FutMon and I-86FutCat can now be combined into a single route, connected by the new segment near Parksville.

I think this means I-86FutMon should be extended to include the new segment plus all of I-86FutCat, with I-86FutCat going away. But with an appropriate AltRouteNames entry so as not to break .list files. Sound correct?

Both NY17 and I-86FutMon will need some point repositionings and possibly some improved shaping as well.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yakra

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NY: Future I-86 Reply with quote

terescoj wrote:
I think this means I-86FutMon should be extended to include the new segment plus all of I-86FutCat, with I-86FutCat going away. But with an appropriate AltRouteNames entry so as not to break .list files. Sound correct?
Sounds right to me. A little further kibitzing, since I have both I-86FutMon & I-86FutCat clinched, but not the new segment:
Move I-86FutCat *OldNY17 a bit northwest to where the Yahoo trace diverges from the Mapnik trace.
I-86FutMon also needs an *OldNY17 point here, which puts shaping within tolerance.
That means the *OldNY17 labels will need some kind of suffix to differentiate them.

You may want to allow for more *Old17 or *Old17_Foo labels being added in as other I-86 & I-86Fut segments are eventually joined together. For example, *Old17_W & *Old17_E could conflict with *Old17_W & *Old17_E in I-86FutZzy when they're joined.

Sorta like having I-610(8A) instead of I-610 in TX I-69Sug
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Clinched Highway Mapping Forum Index -> Old topics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: