CT Merritt Pkwy Milford Conn

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Clinched Highway Mapping Forum Index -> Old topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobsini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: CT Merritt Pkwy Milford Conn Reply with quote

I was going thru the hwy browser and I did not see anything for the Milford Pkwy. I would suggest adding it to the browser since it is an expressway style highway without a state number. It has exits at the following:

US 1 Boston Post Rd
I-95
Wellington Rd to Wheelers Farm Rd
CT15 Merritt Pkwy
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
yakra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maintain CT, but should probably quote Tim's reply in a similar thread:
admin wrote:
We will be considering adding a few more named freeways in the long-term plans. I can't say now if this one will be added.
oscar_voss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fairly short freeway. Based on what's happened to some of my suggestions to add short freeways to the "select" sets, this one might be too short to make the cut even if/when we start making additions.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hobsini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i brought this up was i know a fair amount of people who use the Milford as a connector to the Merritt to bypass I-95 traffic. This is the route i prefer to use to get between New York and New England since 95 is almost always backed up esp on the weekends. I realize it is a short one but i think this would be an exception to the rule.
deanej

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's short, but it's pretty major IMO. I don't know how "long range" the expansion of the select named freeway system is, but with the euroroutes completed, I'm sure it's closer now.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Clinched Highway Mapping Forum Index -> Old topics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: